LOSS OF POWER ON MY GTP

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

ecosme74

November, 28, 2009 AT 9:39 PM

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Fixed the MAF Sensor, cleaned the EGR, changed spark plugs and wires. The car runs fine. Problem is when you accelerate to pass another car the motor starts trembling and looses power as if it were choking. I know its not the limiter, there is no exact RPM for the misfire or what ever is happening. When put in a fast acceleration it chokes and trembles, gains power and looses it again in different intervals. If you dont push it hard it runs fine. Has no check engine light on. Im tired of " repairing" different things and the car remains the same. Could it be the ECM, PCM, Supercharger or something else?

mmprince4000

November, 30, 2009 AT 7:29 AM

Start by measuring fuel pressure with mechanical gauge. Check the fuel pressure regulator for gas in vacuum line.

Are you getting any boost?

ecosme74

November, 30, 2009 AT 7:58 AM

Between the intervals of the misfire you can feel the supercharger boost but then it cuts to the misfire and so on. Ill be checking the fuel pressure this week, thanks.

mmprince4000

December, 1, 2009 AT 7:57 AM

Let me know what you find. If FP is OK, then you have a ignition problem.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Change