1999 Pontiac Grand Prix low pressure valve

BOOMERT68
  • 1999 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Do you have a picture or diagram that would show me where the low pressure valve is located on my GP?

Also, do you have a diagram of replacing the ignition switch?

Thank you,
Brandon
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 4:20 PM

SATURNTECH9
Which model grand prix do you have?Do you mean the a/c low pressure switch?Also are you taking about the electrical ignition switch?
Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010 AT 6:34 PM
BOOMERT68
It's a 1999 pontiac grand prix SE 4 door 3.1L and yes I am looking for the low pressure valve for the a/c to refill it with freon. I have found two but want to make sure I am using the right one.

Yes I am also asking about the electrical ignition switch under the steering column. I heard that replacing that will keep my lights diming and make my a/c controls 1-4 work again.
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 AT 9:56 AM
SATURNTECH9
The low side of your a/c system will have the smaller nipple of the two. As far as your ignition switch taking out your dash light's and your inside blower fan I don't know about that I would think you would loose your radio and other stuff like that. Did someone trouble shoot the switch and tell you it was bad?
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010 AT 8:43 PM