1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Leaking of water on passenger side

SMAX23
  • 1997 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
Hello. I have investigated several possible reasons of why the water is going on the floor in the passenger side. I have took the cowl off, made sure the rubber thing on the bottom of the windshield was on correctly. Put new weatherstripping on the bottom side of the cowl. Took the glovebox out and watched the water drip onto the floor as water was being sprayed on the windshield. Watched the water pour into the car going down the road while it was raining. And I can not figure this out. It is going to ruin the floor in my car. I took the elbow off of the hose that come out of the firewall to the evaporator case to see if it was plugged. Blew air into the hose and you could hear it coming back into the car. Ran a wire into it and seems as if it's not plugged. Where is the evaporator case located? And does anyone have a solution to this?
Thursday, August 12th, 2010 AT 4:15 PM

If I understand, you can see water coming in when you spray water on the windshield. Is that correct?
+1
Tuesday, September 7th, 2010 AT 7:27 AM
SMAX23
Yes sir, the water drips onto the floor when you spray water on the windshield. The water drips on the floor when it is raining and you are driving down the road. The water will drip in when the car is just parked and it's raining. This is ridiculous.I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. And it's driving me crazy. LOL. I don't know what to do about it. If it rains really hard. The floor will be soaked and the matt will float. Have you heard of this before? Any help will be highly appreciated! I read in another forum somewhere if the evaporator case gets clogged. Not the hose in the firewall. The actual evaporator case that this causes a problem as well. But where is it located? And when you take the glovebox out. You can see it dripping on the wires and on the flap thing that opens up when you have your blower motor on. But you cannot see all the way up in there to see actually where it's dripping from. HELP. LOL. Thank you :)
Wednesday, September 8th, 2010 AT 10:22 PM
The AC isn't the problem. It sounds like the windshield needs removed and resealed. What to do is have it checked by a glass shop. They will know exactly where to look.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thursday, September 9th, 2010 AT 12:43 PM