1. Remove the air cleaner and duct assembly.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
4. If equipped with an engine oil cooler, drain the engine oil, remove the oil filter and position the hose next to the starter motor to the side.
5. Remove the nut from the brace at the air conditioning compressor, nut from the brace at the engine and the brace.
6. Unfasten the retaining bolts, then remove the flywheel inspection cover.
7. Remove the starter bolts and shims, if equipped. Do not let the starter hang from the starter wires.
8. Detach the starter wires from the solenoid, then remove the starter from the vehicle.
9. While supporting the starter, connect the starter wires at the solenoid.
10. Install the starter motor-to-engine mount with the shims, if equipped, and the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 32 ft. Lbs. (43 Nm).
11. If equipped with an engine oil cooler, reposition the hose next to the starter motor, install the oil filter and refill the engine with the proper amount of engine oil.
12. Install the flywheel inspection cover and tighten the bolts.
13. Install the starter support brace to the air conditioning compressor and tighten the nut to 23 ft. Lbs. (31 Nm).
14. Carefully lower the vehicle, then connect the negative battery cable.
15. Install the air cleaner and duct assembly.
Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 4:52 PM