CAR CUTTING OFF

Pontiac Grand Am

andrews2284

I have a 94 Pontiac Grand Am GT, 6V, 151,000 miles. When I drive and get to a stop it aisle down and also cuts off. I have replaced the starter, alternator and had the battery changed. What could this be? I took it the shop, the first mechanic said is seem like it might be the control module. He said I needed to get a dianostic test. I had the test done and the mechanic there said it seems engine problems the oil was staying on the oxygen sensor and not burning right and not signaling the right time for fuel. The check engine light comes on. The battery gauge goes down to low battery nad then go back up unless it cuts completely off.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Service Writer

IAC motor may be needing cleaning.

gloveless2

February, 8, 2007 AT 4:42 PM

I have a 94 Pontiac Grand Prix and it burns oil pretty bad, it smokes after a few minutes. I took it in and I was told I need the following leaks repaired: 1. Oil Pan Gasket
2. Intake Gasket
3. Valve Gasket
with a grand total of $1600! I am a novice at repairing cars, but this sounds crazy! Anyway I could do any of these myself? Im a novice but willing. Please help.

Service Writer

February, 8, 2007 AT 4:51 PM

3.1 or 3.4 motor?

gloveless2

February, 8, 2007 AT 5:35 PM

3.1

Service Writer

February, 8, 2007 AT 6:28 PM

Check your email. The valve covers get done when you do the intake gasket. Why do you need the oil pan?

go to this post:
http://www.2carpros.com/forum/my-llumina-keeps-stalling-vt27537.html?highlight=

gloveless2

February, 8, 2007 AT 6:31 PM

This is just what I was told to replace. I am just trying to save as much money as possible.

Service Writer

February, 8, 2007 AT 7:24 PM

My opinion is to do the intake your self, get hold of the guy doing the intake this weekend ASAP and see what he runs into and tools he used and then decide if it is right for you. You need to see why you need an oil pan. Have yet to do one at our shop...but that isn't everthing.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_no_unhappy_1.jpg