2004 Pontiac Grand Am

00LITA00
  • 2004 PONTIAC GRAND AM
2004 Pontiac Grand Am Front Wheel Drive

I need to change my fuel filter in my car. I don't know where to find it & when I do how would I change it?
Monday, January 19th, 2009 AT 12:54 PM

LDOOLEY
The fuel filter is at the back of the fuel tank. You will have two lines connecting to it. Look near the rear of the engine on the passenger wide for the pressure release valve and release the fuel pressure. Then disconnect the inlet line(the one without the nut) sing a special tool which you can get at almost any auto part store for a few bucks. The with two wrenches unscrew ther nut on the outlet line by turning the large nut(1in) up and the small nut(3/4) down. Once you get it loose you should just be able to unscrew the filter by hand. Installation is in the reverse order. Start the car ( it may take a few tries) to build fuel pressure again. I hope this helps.

Also remember to check for leaks before driving the car. Any leak will be obvious when you turn the ignition on and the fuel pump starts to work(normally withing 10 secs.)
Thursday, February 12th, 2009 AT 9:20 AM
LDOOLEY
The fuel filter is at the back of the fuel tank. You will have two lines connecting to it. Look near the rear of the engine on the passenger side for the pressure release valve and release the fuel pressure. Then disconnect the inlet line(the one without the nut) sing a special tool which you can get at almost any auto part store for a few bucks. The with two wrenches unscrew ther nut on the outlet line by turning the large nut(1in) up and the small nut(3/4) down. Once you get it loose you should just be able to unscrew the filter by hand. Installation is in the reverse order. Start the car ( it may take a few tries) to build fuel pressure again. I hope this helps.