...HELP

1999 Pontiac Grand Am

skitzo63

August, 16, 2009 AT 7:31 PM

1999 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I just bought a 1999 Grand am Gt, and it has a few items on my laundry list of the car. Any help is much apreciated. 1. My blinker when I turn the right turn light on it blinks really fast ( blown bulb.) But I check and all the bulbs are going there dim. But going and its not in the same pattern as the left. Also after I turn it off I will still hear the clicking although its not in a set order it can be 3 fast clicks, a pause 1 click, a pause 2 clicks. Etc. 2. My abs and trac control lights are on. 3. My right break when ever I use it, it sounds like someone walking across a old wood floor. 4. Services vehicle soon, and service engine soon lights are booth on, I took it to autozone they said my gas cap. But why would that cause both of them to be on? And I don't know if im crazy or not but it seems like the service vehicle soon light only comes on in the day time and at night it does not. Please email me - Rockthistrend@hotmail. Com thank you so much, Eric.

mmprince4000

August, 18, 2009 AT 9:25 AM

1. Check the flasher unit if bulbs are OK.

2. You will have to get the ABS and trac. Control system scanned with a chassis scanner, looking for " C" codes.

3. Remove the rear brake caliper and inspect pads and rotor for abnormal wear.

4. Gas cap would set the service engine soon light as an EVAP code. Service vehicle soon is simply a reminder to change oil, air filter etc.