1991 PONTIAC GRAND AM ENGINE WILL NOT RUN

• hogie09
  • 1991 Pontiac Grand Am

Computer problem
1991 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 154380 miles

When trying to start this 2.5 engine, I can mist starting fluid over the throttle-body, and it will runand removing the fluid it dies. We removed the wires from the injector in the throttle-body, used a test light to check for voltage, and it, s there. There is a red wire, and a blue wire. Using a testlight, I hooked it, s negative on the neg. Post of the battery and stuck the probe in the end of the red wire, and cranked the engine. It had voltage. Then, I clamped the negative on the test-light on the pos. Side of the bat. And there was no light on the blue wire. Could it be a computer problem? All fuses are good. It, s a 4 Tech if that means anything.

Saturday, November 6th, 2010 AT 9:50 PM

• Service Writer

Maybe I am not reading correct, but if you supply starting fluid it runs, correct?

Did you check fuel pressure. It Must be in spec. What is the pressure at?

Sunday, November 7th, 2010 AT 3:39 AM
  • KHLow2008

Hi hogie09,

Thank you for the donation.

Test indicates the PCM is not grounding the fuel injector circuit. Check for continuity between the injector Blue wire and PCM terminal # W1. If continuity is available, the PCM is most likely faulty.

Sunday, November 7th, 2010 AT 3:41 AM
  • Service Writer

Thanks Low!

Sunday, November 7th, 2010 AT 8:26 AM