2007 PONTIAC G6 SQUEAL DURING ACCELERATION

• Kcillg
  • 2007 PONTIAC G6

Noises problem
2007 Pontiac G6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 23000 miles

During acceleration my car makes a high pitched squeal that seems to come from the front end of the car. It only happens when the car is in gear, not when I rev the engine in park or neutral. The dealership said that they need to replace a part on the exhaust. I don't doubt that they found an exhaust part that may need to be replaced, but does it make sense that it would cause a high pitched squeal under the conditions that I mentioned? Please provide as much detail in the response as possible.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 16th, 2009 AT 9:02 AM

• G6_driver

I mentioned under another post that I have the same problem, but I would say it is almost like a loud whistling sound. Happens when RPM approaches or above 2000. If I accelerate slowly it is barely or not at all audible. Very annoying otherwise. I would like to know what could be causing this as well.

Sunday, June 6th, 2010 AT 3:31 AM
  • T5825db

Has anyone figured this high pitched squeal around 2000 and quits at 2300 rpm with Pontiac G6's? If we baby our 2008 G6 and never exceed 2K we are fine. Any help w/b good.

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 11:33 PM
  • Greenway59

I have the exact same problem loud whistling/squeeling noise above 2000 rpm's in gear or in park/neutral. Has anyone come up with a fix for this issue yet?

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 2:54 AM