RACK AND PINION DAMAGE

2007 Pontiac G6

DRNC

March, 21, 2008 AT 2:48 PM

Steering problem
2007 Pontiac G6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 47000 miles

I have a 2007 pontiac g6 gt (2 dr.). I went to try to trade it in today but they said that something was wrong with the rack and pinion. I knew that something was wrong with it because when you change lanes or hit a bump or the road is kind of unlevel the rear end sways REALLY bad. It has been getting worse. I refuse to drive it if it is raining. It was hit in the drivers rear about 7 months ago and the left rear suspension was replaced. My Dad owns a body shop. He " said" he replaced it, if he did or not is anyones guess. We are not on the best of terms. I should have not taken it to him to begin with but I guess that is water under the bridge now. How much does that cost to fix something like that? I don't know what to do with it anymore! Please help!

merlin2021

March, 21, 2008 AT 3:11 PM

First thing I would do, is go to an alignment, or tire store, and have it checked on an alignment rack.

slusser.sc

I was just wondering if there was ever a solution found to this problem because mine seems to be having the same problem.

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Replace Tie Rod End
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement