1996 PONTIAC FIREBIRD FUEL SYSTEM

• eagle3d
  • 1996 Pontiac Firebird

1996 Pontiac Firebird 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

Car won't start. Already check battery and fuel filter.

Sunday, March 8th, 2009 AT 3:29 PM

• rasmataz

Did you meant it cranks over but will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing?

Sunday, March 8th, 2009 AT 4:09 PM
  • eagle3d

I apologize for the lack of information about my situation. The car cranks, everything else work fine(lights, honk, radio, etc.), But the car don't start. It's seelike the fuel system is not working or something like that. I read in other forums to check the Fuel system fuse #8. But I don't have any clue where is located.

Thanks:

Sunday, March 8th, 2009 AT 8:42 PM
  • rasmataz

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Sunday, March 8th, 2009 AT 9:31 PM