1995 Pontiac Firebird fuel reset button

FAWN
  • 1995 PONTIAC FIREBIRD
Some one said there is a fuel reset button if you run out of gas? Where is it located? Or is there one?
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 AT 1:41 PM

Hello, no there isn't one. If you have a fuel issue, check fuel pressure. If you turn the key on, no crank, can you hear the pump run for a couple of seconds?
+1
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 AT 1:45 PM
FAWN
Hello, no we cant here the fuel pump run.
-1
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 AT 1:59 PM
FAWN
Was hoping it wasnt the fuel pump, just bought the car for one of my teenage daugters, (twins), had to replace the tranny, got that done was driving to the gas station, acted like it ran out of gas, put gas in and now it wont start.
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 AT 2:03 PM
You might check the circuits at the fuel pump relay. My info says it is located under the dash, driver side, behind kick panel.
+1
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 AT 3:29 PM
FAWN
Ty for your help when my hubby gets home I will have him look! I apperciate your help, twin teenagers are expensive and im trying my best to set them up with cars, as graduation and 18 are approching fast.
Sunday, April 12th, 2009 AT 5:12 PM
I got three sons, within two years of age, two of them are twins. They are in their mid 20s now. All the boys worked part time through highschool. The twins pooled their money for their first car, shared it for a while.

The firebird should have a fuel pump prime connector, underhood, passenger side firewall, probably a gray wire with electrical connector, nothing plugged into connector. If you run B+ to the connector, the pump should run, you don't have to use the key. I probably should tell you to use an inline fuse on the jumper, run it between the prime connector and positive battery post. If the pump won't run, you'll have to check B+ and ground at the pump connector.
Monday, April 13th, 2009 AT 10:36 AM
FAWN
Good morning, your kids sound great! My girls are both working at jiffy lube lol. They are graduating in june and going to school in seperate directions soon.
They have a 95 thunderbird that they share and we picked the firebird cheap but had to replace the tranny. I cant tell u how much I apperciate your help, im Just trying to get them set up for success. I will pass the info to my hubby and let you know what happens. Thank, Fawn
Monday, April 13th, 2009 AT 12:42 PM
FAWN
Hello, it was the fuel pump, we cut a hole in the top above the fuel tank, and replaced it, took about 2 hrs instead of dropping the tank out, worked out great, I found out that the fuel pump in those cars when run dry a few times burns them out. Its all good now! Thanks for your help,

Fawn
Thursday, April 16th, 2009 AT 7:32 PM