WONT MOVE AND SMOKES

1967 Pontiac Catalina

ponshu69

September, 8, 2010 AT 6:46 PM

1967 Pontiac Catalina V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My car wont move until I high rev the engine and even when it starts moving it only creeps and it starts to smoke. I just got this car and its been sitting for 7 years and I just replaced the water pump, the transmission gasget, and the rear gear gasget. I also cant find a way to put oil in the rear gear. Please help me.

M_H_RITZEL

September, 18, 2010 AT 2:30 PM

My first thought is that one of the brakes is seized up. With it sitting 7 years if the emegency brake was on the brake shoes and or the brake cable may be frozen or rusted. Make sure the wheels are free to turn. If I remember that the rear filler hole is on the drivers side. Sometimes it is hard to find You will have to clean the old oil and dirt of the rear. After you have the car moving check all the rubber hoses and the intake filter. Mice usually like to find a out of the way place to build a nest and they will nibble into just about anything.

Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue