I have a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville SE with 140XXX on it. I have had the car for for 7 months. I have not driven this car more than 2500 miles. It has a tranny rebuild done 3 years ago with no more than 6000 miles on it all together. Here's a list of what this stinking car does.
* I lose my oil pressure after the car has been driven for a while, and I stop, I can restart the car without problem, but oil pressure remains low and will fluctuate upon acceleration or deceleration.
* The alternator and battery are brand new, and yet I lose my battery charge. It will be full when I start the car and after making a few stops and driving it a while it will not start again. And I have to get it jumped.
* my check engine light goes on after a few minutes of driving the car.
* my fuel gauge will fluctuate after I get to a half a tank of gas or less. Will fluctuate about a quarter tank up or down relative to acceleration.
* I just had an oil change and drove it to portland, My car has never run hotter than the regular operating temp, but since the change my car runs hotter than normal, not overheating by needle will stay in the middle or slightly higher.
* my steering column electrical wont work, no horn, stereo control, cruise, nothing.
* I can't get a diagnotic machine to read my cars computer.
recently my cars tires and brakes have been squealing something fierce. Even when I am not applying the brakes, as I am driving my car is making a horrible noise, whether hot or cold.
I am sorry this is so long winded. I really need your advice, I can't just go out and get another car, and I do not know of any good technicians or anyone in general. I depend on this car to carry my two young sons and am at a loss as to what to do. Or where to even start. Please repsond. God Bless
Thank you for taking time to consider my post.
have the same problem?
Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 AT 5:12 AM