CAR WONT RESTART

1995 Pontiac Bonneville

aalikatn74

December, 8, 2008 AT 7:15 PM

1995 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 178143 miles

My car cranks fine the first time each day. When I get to where Im going and come back out it wont restart. Sometimes I can wait 15-20 minutes and it cranks back up. Sometimes its the next day before it cranks up. Ive changed out the battery and fuel pump for other reasons. I just had a friend put in a new ignition module. It ran fine for a little while. We came back turned it off and it cranked up no problem. 30 mintues later I go to try to start it. It cranked up. It started to stall out so I reved it up. The interior light goes out the check engine light comes on then it dies. Now it wont start. All the other lights on the car work and the radio works. Just no interior light and it wont crank. It turns over it just wont start.

Jacobandnickolas

December, 14, 2008 AT 12:07 PM

Hi: When you say no crank, do you mean nothing happens when you turn the key? Also, if the check engine light came on, a code should be stored in the computer. If you can get it scanned, it will point you in the right direction for a repair. If the car has started again by the time you receive this, take it to an auto zone or advance auto parts. They will scan it for free.

Let me know what you find. (My gut feeling is there is a problem with the body control module (BCM)because of the interior light problem, but I don't want to start throwing parts into it without being sure. &Quot; IF IT'S NOT BROKE DON" T FIX IT" That's my old shop teacher's philosophy and it sort of stuck with me.)

Let me know what you find.