Code PO6DD

TONY WATTS
  • 2012 DODGE JOURNEY
I replaced the oil pressure switch and the engine coolant temperature switch. The codes were cleared. The check engine light has come right back on with the same code?
Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 AT 11:33 AM

Hi,

I have to be honest, it sounds like the oil pump is bad. This vehicle has a duel stage oil pump. It is controlled by an oil pressure on/off solenoid. Low pressure mode regulation (solenoid on) is approximately 200 kPa (29 psi) and high pressure mode regulation (solenoid off) is approximately 450 kPa (65 psi).

In almost all cases there is one of three things wrong. First, the oil pressure sensor that you replaced. The second is excessive tolerance clearance in the engine (bearings). The third is the pump.

Does your vehicle have a gauge setting for oil pressure? If it does, what are the readings at idle? What are the readings at 2,000 RPM's?

If it doesn't seem correct, then we need to remove the new oil pressure switch and screw in a mechanical gauge. Most parts stores will lend you one. It simply takes the place of the electric one on the car. By using a mechanical gauge, we can eliminate an electrical fault via the Power-train Control module (PCM).

Do this and let me know what is found. Also, let me know if the oil has been changed on a regular basis and if it is clean and full presently.

Take care,
Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 AT 6:32 PM

Sponsored links