BRAKE ISSUE

1993 Plymouth Voyager

renae123

Brakes problem
1993 Plymouth Voyager 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 99000 miles

the brake light came on the dash and the brakes went soft. In the course of trying to find the problem, I changed the master cylinder and the offending wheel caliper, the right front. When I bled the brakes very little fluid was coming out of that brake line( the right front). Not enough to pump that caliper.(I actually changed the caliper because the bleeder screw would not come out.)Thinking that the line may be blocked, I disconnected the lines at the master cyl. That was fine. What could the problem be besides a blocked line which is not the case.A faulty combination valve? Anything else?

Zackman

January, 8, 2009 AT 3:24 AM

It is very possible that you have a faulty proportioning valve, but did you bench bleed the master cylinder prior to installing it in the vehicle?

If not, you probably have so much air in the system that you have to end up bleeding the entire system, instead of just that particular caliper.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy