1986 PLYMOUTH RELIANT FRONT WHEEL DRIVE ...

1986 Plymouth Reliant

godswill

August, 31, 2009 AT 8:21 PM

1986 Plymouth Reliant Front Wheel Drive Automatic

how do I align a timing belt on my 1986 plymouth reliant 2.5 engine

ch112063

September, 11, 2009 AT 4:21 PM

It is no different than the 2.2L
The crankshaft sprocket has a small 'O' mark. The larger intermediate shaft has a little notch 'line'. They must face each other 2 oclock and 8 oclock. The upper camshaft has 4 holes and a smaller hole. The smaller hole must face 12 oclock in relation to the engine and the two arrows should face in line with the top of the cylinder head, like 9 and 3 oclock. To the engine, not the ground. When you have tensioned the tensioner properly turn the crank by hand twice to make sure everything is lined up the same. The distributor rotor should be near the number one terminal and the flywheel should have its timing mark be near the 0 mark on the transmission little window on top where the head and block meet near the top of the trans. Start it and let it get hot then pull the wire off the coolant sensor, the fan will come on and set the timing to 12 degrees BTDC. OK

Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler