Water coming out of Plenum

GINALANGSTON1
  • 2000 FORD F-150
Hi, please help me. My tuck is running extremely bad so I decided to run a compression test on it, which gave me readings of 180 psi on all cylinders except number 3 and number 6 which I got 185. But I am not sure if the gauge was even working right because after every check it would not relieve the pressure once I finished and pushed the button. Anyways, looking at the hoses attached to rear top of my plenum and PCV valve I noticed that the long hose coming off the PCV valve elbow was not connected to my pcv valve, I disconnected the hose that was hooked up to the plenum itself back above the PCV valve and when I did water came out of my plenum. I checked my oil dip stick and it does not look to have water in my oil at all. So what do I do now? Can it be fixed or is my whole engine fried now. What, if anything can I do? Please help
Thursday, February 13th, 2020 AT 7:41 PM

Hi,

I need to get some clarification. Coolant is coming from the PCM hose? I ask because PCM runs between the throttle body and the valve cover. There is nothing there where coolant can get to. Are you sure it is the PCV?

-1
Thursday, February 13th, 2020 AT 8:20 PM
GINALANGSTON1
I am sorry, I should of explained better, I think someone changed the hoses around (on purpose) and put one of the coolant/heater hoses on my plenum, I don't know. All I know is that I removed a hose from my plenum and water was coming out of the tube on my plenum. I don't know which hose it was or where it connected to. What should I do?
Thursday, February 13th, 2020 AT 8:47 PM
Hi,

Not a problem. It has been awhile since I have seen one of these. It has a heated PCV system. Not that I better understand, there is coolant going to it. If you see the attached picture, let me know if that is what you are seeing.

Friday, February 14th, 2020 AT 1:59 PM
GINALANGSTON1
Actually I thought it was coming right from my plenum it actually it is coming from at top hose that in that round circle that you circled. When I remove that top hose that's where the water come out and now it's all rusted. What should I do? Is that worse or what? Do I need a whole new motor now or what can I do? It's all rusted, so I got to be something fast. Please help as soon as possible. Thank you so much.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 AT 7:49 AM
GINALANGSTON1
Also, I don't know if I should mention but somebody bypassed my heater hose heater core as I know that has something to do with the heater hoses I think right?
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 AT 7:55 AM
Hi,

Don't worry. The part you are referring to can be replaced. As far as the heater core, chances are it was bypassed because there was a problem with the core leaking into the vehicle. I attached a picture of the routing of water lines. Do me favor. If you can upload a picture of where it is leaking, it would help me. Also, is the rusted component leaking through a rusted area or from a connection?

As far as the heater core, are there two hoses running to the firewall of the vehicle?

Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 AT 6:11 PM

Sponsored links