SRUGGLING BRAKES AFTER REAR LEFT W

1994 Peugeot

andy1h2

August, 27, 2008 AT 8:52 AM

Brakes problem
1994 Other Peugeot Models Manual 55000 miles

Hi recently I was parked up in a muddy field and when trying to leave ended up having to be pushed out as wheel just kept spinning and getting no tranction. Once on the road if became apparent that the rear left wheel had locked straight and wasnt turning. After a few times of reversing and then driving forward it eventually began turning again. However now the brakes on the car are struggling with the brake pedal going all the way to the floor and only gradually slowing down. It also feels like when I brake the car is going to one side slightly.
Anyone know what might have happened i'm a student and have hardly any knowledge of cars but do you think it will be an expensive job getting fixed? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Dave H

November, 7, 2008 AT 6:04 PM

Sounds to me like your brake shoe lining has come adrift. You need to get this looked at ASAP. Now the brake cylinder is leaking fluid and if you carry on driving this vehicle it will have no brakes at all. It is a simple fix needs new brake shoes and a new cylinder on that side. Prob around $50 for parts plus 1 - 2 hours labour

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy