I would recommend replacing all o-rings and of course, the gasket itself which most likely had an RTV gasket. At this point, replace the crank seal as well.
As far as the guide pin set you are referring to, it is a tool. Type in the exact part number you indicated and it will bring up what you are looking for. You can get them just about anywhere.
Copy and paste the following in a google search. EN 46109 Guide Pin Set
Here are the specifics for replacing the cover:
2007 Saturn Truck Outlook V6-3.6L
122. Engine Front Cover Installation
Vehicle Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Service and Repair Overhaul Unit Repair 07 Outlook 3.6L Repair Instructions 122. Engine Front Cover Installation
122. ENGINE FRONT COVER INSTALLATION
Engine Front Cover Installation
EN 46109 Guide Pins
1. Install the 8 mm (0.315 in) guide from the EN 46109 into the cylinder block positions as shown.
2. Install the NEW engine front cover to cylinder block seal.
3. Place a 3 mm (0.118 in) bead of RTV sealant, GM P/N 12378521 (Canadian P/N 88901148) or equivalent, on the engine front cover as shown (1).
4. Place the engine front cover onto the EN 46109 and slide into position.
5. Remove the EN 46109 from the cylinder block.
6. Install the engine front cover deadener.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice
7. Loosely install the engine front cover bolts to hold the engine front cover deadener into position.
8. Loosely install the remaining engine front cover bolts.
9. Tighten the engine front cover bolts in the sequence shown (1-22).
Tighten the engine front cover bolts in the sequence to 23 N.M (17 lb ft).
10. Place the camshaft position actuator valves in position on the front cover.
11. Install the camshaft position actuator valve bolts.
Tighten the camshaft position actuator valve bolts to 10 N.M (89 lb in).
12. Install NEW O-rings on the camshaft position sensor.
13. Place the camshaft position sensors in position on the front cover.
14. Install the camshaft position sensor bolts.
Tighten the camshaft position sensor bolts to 10 N.M (89 lb in).
Let me know if this answers your questions.
Take care and let me know the outcome. If I don't hear from you, have a nice Thanksgiving.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, November 25th, 2019 AT 6:23 PM