POWER WINDOWS

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera

kbenton

June, 18, 2010 AT 9:49 AM

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 173, 00 miles

My windows will not go up. It stopped working while trying to let the windows up. I bought the circuit breaker fuses and this did not solve the problem.

internetmechanic

June, 18, 2010 AT 11:03 AM

Are you saying none of the windows will work? If only the driver door window is having a problem, that is usually the first motor that goes out. Need to know if other windows work?

kbenton

June, 24, 2010 AT 9:23 AM

Yes that is correct, while I was trying to let all the windows up button just stopped working. However I have been told many, many things. One thing is that my master swith has probably gone out. And with that said most are saying that would not stop all windows from working. And next I was told it could be my PCM. Do any of these sound like it could be the problem? In addition to all of this I did take my car to my mechanic who couldn't really pinpoint the problem or locate where my PCM is located. He did however apply power to the swith to allow me to manually let up my windows which worked, however one is still partically cracked. Can you help with what the problem might be?

internetmechanic

June, 24, 2010 AT 2:22 PM

Tell your mechanic, main voltage at the master switch is brown wire. Black is ground, check both. If you have good voltage and ground at the master switch and no window action, I suspect the master switch. Voltage to the master switch goes hot with the key on, wired through the power window circuit breaker. The wiring harness to the driver door, door open, hinge side, probably has a rubber boot protector, if you can't access the wires another way, by pulling back on the rubber boot, you should be able to access wiring colors I mentioned, for testing.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement