ENGINE WILL NOT RUN

1993 Oldsmobile Ciera

topgun293

July, 23, 2010 AT 11:33 AM

1993 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 101111 miles

I have replaced the fuel filter and computer. It will run if I spray starting fluid in intake. No warning lights are on and I have 42 lbs of fuel pressure.

saturntech9

July, 23, 2010 AT 12:50 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1993_oldsmobile_cutlass_ciera_code_retrival_part1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1993_oldsmobile_cutlass_ciera_code_retrival_part2_1.jpg

First of all thank you so much for your donation.If you could please see if you have any code's i posted how you can do that for you.Also have you checked all the fuse's?You need to get a a noid light hook it up to each injector wire harness and have someone crank the engine while you watch for the noid light to flash.When you replaced the computer did you have it programed or was it programed already?Did you swap your prom chip from your old computer to your new computer?Also did you change your computer for this no start condition?

topgun293

July, 23, 2010 AT 1:38 PM

I did not swap any chip and did not program rebuilt computer. Yes, I changed it out because it would not run.

saturntech9

July, 23, 2010 AT 2:03 PM

So did the computer come already programed the reason I asked is because a lot of them you have to get programed.I don't want lack of programing to throw off fixing the car. Also have you checked all the fuse's?Can you check for code's?Also I think you might be able to rent that noid light to check for injector pulse from auto zone. Also what model Ciera do you have and what size engine is it?

topgun293

July, 23, 2010 AT 5:07 PM

I installed the prom chip and no change. I am limited on my tools, thus I'm taking shots in the dark.

Richard

saturntech9

July, 23, 2010 AT 6:08 PM

To check the code's you only need a jumper wire I posted how you can do that. Also from what you tell me you said it will run on starter fluid so sound's like you have spark. You said you have 42lbs of fuel pressure so sound like you have enough pressure there. Looks like we should be looking to see if you have a injector pulse no pulse no fuel goes into the engine and no start. Your going to have to get a few basic tools to figure it out. It's cheaper to get the tools then guess wrong most of the time. Have you checked all the fuse's yet?

topgun293

July, 23, 2010 AT 7:35 PM

It is a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlas Ciera S, 3300 engine.
It has spark and fuel pressure. Can you check injector pulse with an ohm meter?

saturntech9

July, 23, 2010 AT 8:18 PM

You can use a test light to check for injector pulse. First check all the pink wire's for power to the injector's while cranking the engine. Then take your test light lead and hook it to the positive side of the battery then on cyl's 2, 4, 6 injector wire's dark green wire's see if the test light flashes while cranking. Then go to cyl's 1, 3, 5 dark blue wire's and see if the test light flashes while cranking.

topgun293

July, 26, 2010 AT 8:31 AM

After following your instructions, I found that
I have power on the pink wires. I have nothing on the dark blue and dark green wires.

saturntech9

July, 26, 2010 AT 12:12 PM

So you have no ground injector pulse to the dark green or dark blue wire's?Also can you check for code's that may help us find the problem.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma