SHAKES OR WOBBLES PROBLEM2003 OLDSMOBILE AURORA...

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora

jsiskind

December, 5, 2009 AT 10:54 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2003 Oldsmobile Aurora V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

When the car is standing still and Idling (mosting when in gear), it will sporadically hiccup as if there is a sparkplug misfiring. My mechanic computer checked the engine and says that all is registering ok.
When cold starting the car, when I put the transmission into drive, the car will jerk forward. If I start the car and wait to it warms up, it doesn't lurch when put into gear, but will still have this intermittent " hiccup" when standing still such as at a traffic light.

As to thecold start lurching issue, I was told by a mechanis that the Aorora has various transmission sensors and one or more of them probably are bad.

Can this or some other transmission issue be causing this hiccup?

Ernest Clark

December, 29, 2009 AT 10:41 AM

Your transmission will not affect the idling of your motor at standstill. (In park or drive)

If you are noticing an unusually high rev speed while driving, or hard up-shifts, then that would be an indication of tranny problems.

As far as a misfire, you mechanic may not be able to catch it. (Only if it's causing the mil light to come on)

If it's an ignition caused misfire, then the " Check engine" light should blink as it happens. Then the light should stay on when it doesn't. (A code has been set/recorded)

If it's a vacuum/leak caused misfire, the computer may not set a code, but it should still blink as it happens.

If it's a fuel related misfire, you computer should definitely set a code.

Your only solution is to have a competent mechanic hook up his scanner while taking a test drive. Give him enough information to allow him to duplicate whatever conditions cause the misfire. Then he may be able to catch it.

Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement