SHIFTS HARD INTO REVERSE AND DRIVE

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora

pzmqdp

August, 29, 2010 AT 10:04 PM

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

When shifted in Reverse or Drive trasmission 'bangs" in gear. Also shifts harder when driving. Check engine light is on with a code 76. If code is cleared condition goes away but it comes back within a week. Does anyone know if there is a solution other than new/rebuilt transmission?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 26, 2010 AT 7:20 AM

A code 76 is a digital egr #2 solenoid error. Has that been checked?

pzmqdp

October, 26, 2010 AT 9:43 PM

Thank you for the reply. I show this a being the Pressure Control Solenoid. Is that correct? It has not been checked. The documetation I found says to make some resistance checks at the PCM connector and the 20-way transaxle connector. Is that were I need to check, and where are those connectors located (where do I look under the hood and and on the transaxle). Thank you

Tom442

April, 13, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

I have a 95 Aurora doing the exact same thing. Did your problem ever get resolved?
Tom442

Tom442

April, 23, 2012 AT 9:49 PM

Turns out my PCM was bad. Junkyard PCM $38.50, swap my original Eprom from inside the PCM. Priceless. You got the last $2 from me.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma