1997 OLDSMOBILE AURORA AUTO TRANSMISION PROBLEMS

• jasonleehill
  • 1997 Oldsmobile Aurora

1997 Oldsmobile Aurora V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 143000 miles

while driving home in my car recently on a long trip I got about 40 miles from my house when I pulled over to get a drink and take a break. When I got back in my car which had ben running fine the whole trip.I started my car and pulled out on the road and my car would not shift out of third gear. The trans was in (d od) but was not hitting fourth or fifth gear. I pulled over and found a fuse marked ( trans solc )was blown changed it and it immidiatly blew again at which point I had to have the car towed. Took it to a shop they said mechanical failure 3000 to replace a buddy told me that the trans can be reprogramed by a dealer and that might be all it needs have you guys ever heard of this problem or this reprograming solution

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 3:38 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

I would get a scan done or have it envisaged by a transmissions specialist as it may just be a failed shift solenoid in the transmission.

Sunday, June 1st, 2008 AT 3:58 AM