2004 Oldsmobile Alero Security System

JACQUIED
  • 2004 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
I placed this under electrical but actually it's probably computer? I have had 2 encounters now where I go to start my car and the lights come on but it won't turn over. I had a mechanic look at it and he reset the computer. Apparently, the car (security system) thought it was stolen and would not allow me to start the car. How can this be fixed and at what price? It is now becoming an unreliable car as it can happen anywhere, anytime. Thanks
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 6:33 PM

SATURNTECH9
If you had someone get your body control module code number's for me I could tell you more. This has to be diagnosed there is no for sure answer with what is causing it to not start without doing that.
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 6:43 PM
JACQUIED
Where would I find this number?
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 6:48 PM
SATURNTECH9
You would have to have someone use a code scanner to read your body control module code's.A auto part's store doesn't have one that can do that you will have to take it some where they have a scanner that can do that a shop.
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 7:30 PM
JACQUIED
Ok. Thanks. I am guessing this is what this mechanic used when he helped when I was stranded in a parking lot. He used some kind of scanner. So I will contact him and see what he can tell me.
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 7:55 PM
JACQUIED
I went to the dealership but they wanted me to leave the car for 3 hrs and I just didn't have the time to do that however, the technician stated that unless it is actually doing the problem right now(which its not) it would be hard to diagnose. He said it could be the BCM or the padlock sensor. So I now know how to remedy the situation when my car won't turn over. Turn the ign. To on and wait 20 mins or so and the security light goes out and then it starts.
My question is can I dismantle this security feature via under the hood somewhere or a fuse or what?
Friday, August 6th, 2010 AT 6:29 PM
SATURNTECH9
He is right it is kind of hard to track down when it isn't doing it. But with the code's you can check for buletines etc. There is a way you can bypass the security but I can't give you that information. Because there is a chance it could fall into the wrong hands and someone could use that information to steal a car. Sorry I couldn't help out there.
Saturday, August 7th, 2010 AT 1:29 AM