2002 Oldsmobile Alero Car will not start or even crank

ECB09
  • 2002 OLDSMOBILE ALERO
I have had no problems with my car until yesterday. I went out to start it and nothing happened. All the dash lights, radio, windows, everything works except the car won't turn over. There is nothing when I go to turn the key in the start position. I have checked the battery connections, fuses, there is a full tank of gas in it also. You can hear the fuel injector open too. The only way that I can get it to crank is by putting a screwdriver on the starter but it still won't fully start. I have had no problems before this, the car ran fine and hasn't given me any reason for concern. I had someone mention the neutral safety switch but I don't know where to look to find it. If someone can help it would be greatly appreciated!
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 11:26 AM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Take a test light ground clip and touch probe to solenoid wire little wire you are jumping. Have some one turn key to start. If it lights then starter/solenoid needs replaced. If not ignition switch maybe faulty.
Let me know how test light came out and will advise.
Do you have a wiring diagram?
Thanks for donate
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 11:48 AM
ECB09
I do not have a wiring diagram, would you be able to post a picture that I can look at?
Friday, January 23rd, 2009 AT 12:10 PM