WHICH TYPE OF HEAD GASKET TO BUY FOR

2000 Oldsmobile Alero

blacksteel4life

March, 3, 2008 AT 3:58 PM

2000 Oldsmobile Alero 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 116107 miles

Hi,

I have a 2000 Alero GLS which has been overheating and I have been smelling a type of radiator fluid/gas smell. I looked at the oil cap and it had a yellowish milky crud on the inside. This is indicative of a blown head gasket. After looking on the web, which type of head gasket do I need? They have cylinder head gaskets for like $10.00 and they have some that are $140.00 and up. I'm not sure which one I need. Please help! Thx

Regards

merlin2021

March, 3, 2008 AT 4:17 PM

First of all, a little milky substance can also point to a bad PCV.2.50! Do a block test to determine if you really need a haed gasket, if you do, get the fel-pro set. This will come with ALL gaskets and seals needed! You may need only the PCV, or intake manifold, a bit easier to do than head gasket!
The 1999-2003 3.1 and 3.4 have tech bulliten on a new intake manifold gasket set for problems such as yours!

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla