OBD II CODES

SIRJR
  • 2008 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
  • RWD
This morning the check engine light illuminated on the dash.
I scanned the vehicle with my OBD II reader. To my surprise three codes came up:
CO455: which indicates steering wheel angle sensor.

CO131: which indicates anti-lock brake traction control system, pressure switch malfunction.

P1133: which indicates O2 sensor bank 1 sensor1. The issue with this code is that it came up in April of this year. I replaced the O2 sensor. It was fine for two months then it came up again. I replaced the O2 sensor again in June thinking the first O2 sensor was defective. It was fine until I scanned today when the check engine light came on.

Please help me to resolve these three code issues. Thank you.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 12:30 PM

Check the O2 sensor for a burnt wire and if it is anything other than a Delco it may be the sensor as a lot of these are not worth the time of day. Check for contaminants on sensor like coolant etc. We do not list a 455 nor a 131 code.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 1:26 PM
SIRJR
Thank you for your reply.
The AC-Delco would be better than the Denso O2 senor that I installed? When I replaced the previous O2 sensor, there were no visible contaminants. Is there anything else you could suggest that I check as well?
Do you have any repair information help regarding the Steering Wheel Angle Sensor ( C0455) or the Anti-lock Brake traction Control System Pressure Switch (C0131) codes?
Thank you.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 2:37 PM
Well the rest of it has to checked with a scanner and there is a process to do it. See pictures a scanner for auto parts will not work on this.
+1
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 4:14 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
Okay, so here are my thoughts, the p1133 is the heated O2 Sensor Insufficient Switching on Bank 1 Sensor 1, Check your fuses the heated sensors have a fuse, HMAC300 can you get fuse block layout I cannot get into Mitchell at this time.

Also are you sure about the CO455 cuz if it is possible that it is P0455 - Evaporative Emissions Control System Tank Detected (Gross Leak).

And same about the CO131 or P0131 that is the Bank 1 Sensor 1 Issue but the possible cause is a blown Heated O2 Sensor fuse.

Hope his helps.

Mark
+1
Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 AT 4:20 PM
SIRJR
After researching out names of mechanics that I would be able to trust for proper diagnosis, I brought my TBSS in yesterday. The P1133 code was coming up because of a loose connection at a harness/connector from where the electrical connection to the O2 sensor originates. The electrical connection at the O2 sensor was fine; however, at the point where the wires originate was loose. Apparently, this was located up over the transmission in an area that was difficult to access as it was a poor design/location. So, as of now, no more check engine light. I hope my post will help other people that may experience the same frustrations as I did. Another strange occurrence was that the codes for the steering wheel sensor, anti-lock brake pressure switch and "stabiltrak" did not show up when the vehicle was scanned at the mechanic. So, either the scan tool at the auto parts store was inaccurate or somehow this loose connection cause other codes to pop up.
I greatly appreciated the information from HMAC300 and OBXAUTOMEDIC. Thank you!
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 AT 6:50 AM
KEN
Glad we could get it fixed please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help.

Best, Ken
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 AT 9:06 AM
OBXAUTOMEDIC
No Problem SIRJR. Glad we could help get it figured out.

Any other problem come back and ask and we will help in getting it fixed.

Mark
Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 AT 1:41 PM