Turn signal and hazard lights not working

GDUNN
  • 2006 PONTIAC TORRENT
  • AWD

After repairing the heater blend door and having the dashboard disassembled, I reassembled the dashboard, and found there was absolutely no power to the signal lights or hazard lights, no clicking noise and no power to bulbs for signals.

I checked the dashboard ground, the turn signal fuse (at box) and for broken or pinched wires, the multi-function switch on column works for everything else, (high beam, low beam, headlights, park lights) but no signals, also the hazard light switch does not work.

Would you have any idea what it might be? I could not find the four way flasher fuse or the blinker light fuse.

Apparently Gm does not list a flasher fuse or even a hazard fuse, (i"m talking the one inch square or round plastic fuse that fits up under the dash as i"ve already checked the small fuses) for a 2006 Pontiac Torrent, if anyone knows if there is one and where it is located please, please, let me know, I also bought a brand new Multi switch and that didn"t fix the problem, also a new Hazard switch, I've had the dash apart three times looking for shorts or loose grounds or connections and I am at the end of my rope, please.

Monday, November 25th, 2013 AT 11:51 PM

2CARPROS KEN

It sounds like the hazard switch is not plugged in. I would double check that first, the is also a park lamp relay that needs to work for the system to light up. Here is some wiring diagrams and a guide to help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

Sunday, April 9th, 2017 AT 12:12 PM
SHANE32
  • 2006 PONTIAC TORRENT

Turnsignal and hazard lights wont work what could it be, checked fuzes etc

Sunday, April 9th, 2017 AT 3:06 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371

Multi function switch, wiring harness connector or flasher failure