It seemed to be fine, but after the tranny swap the starter wouldn’t engage.
1. We replaced the starter, and it still will not engage.
2. I took off the shifter link to see if it was not in park due to improper
install, but no matter where I put the shifter it still will not engage
3. I have radio, window and lock action, the dash lights up bright and the
battery tests full.
4. On the starter wires I have continuity between the two connecting
5. All the wires seem to be connected, functional, and the battery is well
6. I have not tested the alternator, but everything worked fine before the
I don’t know much about transmissions, which is why I took this leap of faith. So, does this troubleshooting process lead me to a sensor that is not working in the transmission? Is it the shift position sensor? What other sensors would cause this problem? Did I miss anything but the alternator in my diagnosis leading of to the transmission? Everything worked fine before, and the starter was replaced, so if the transmission swap changed that then must it be the transmission? Please help.
have the same problem?
Tuesday, March 14th, 2023 AT 7:43 PM