TACHOMETER AND ODOMETER

Nissan Truck

eoworsham

August, 14, 2007 AT 10:47 AM

I have a 1995 Nissan XE pickup truck, 2wd, 4 cyl. Engine, manual trans, with 134000 miles on it. A few weeks ago the tachometer quit working and now the odometer has stopped working. The odometer will work for a few miles when you first start it up each morning, but after a few miles it stops working.

Jack42

August, 15, 2007 AT 3:57 PM

When the odometer is working, does the speedo work? Could be a bad connection in the cluster, might want to try removing it and checking the plugs for loose or dirty connections

highlivin14

November, 22, 2007 AT 9:39 PM

I have the same problem with my 94 Nissan XE 4x4, V6. The speedometer went out just before 100,000 miles. It doesn't move till I get to around 40, then it just bounces around. Awhile later the tachometer quit being reliable. I also get the check engine light and ABS light coming on and off for no reason.
The only thing I can figure is that some control module, maybe under the passenger seat, is slowly going out. This seems to be a common problem for this truck and I wish someone could give me an answer as to what's going on.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement