Tachometer and odometer

EOWORSHAM
  • 1 POST
  • NISSAN TRUCK

I have a 1995 Nissan XE pickup truck, 2wd, 4 cyl. Engine, manual trans, with 134000 miles on it. A few weeks ago the tachometer quit working and now the odometer has stopped working. The odometer will work for a few miles when you first start it up each morning, but after a few miles it stops working.

Tuesday, August 14th, 2007 AT 10:47 AM

JACK42

When the odometer is working, does the speedo work? Could be a bad connection in the cluster, might want to try removing it and checking the plugs for loose or dirty connections

+1
Wednesday, August 15th, 2007 AT 3:57 PM
HIGHLIVIN14
  • 1 POST

I have the same problem with my 94 Nissan XE 4x4, V6. The speedometer went out just before 100,000 miles. It doesn't move till I get to around 40, then it just bounces around. Awhile later the tachometer quit being reliable. I also get the check engine light and ABS light coming on and off for no reason.
The only thing I can figure is that some control module, maybe under the passenger seat, is slowly going out. This seems to be a common problem for this truck and I wish someone could give me an answer as to what's going on.

+1
Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 AT 9:39 PM