I have a 1996 manual Nissan Pickup truck

ANONYMOUS
  • 1996 NISSAN TRUCK

I have a 1996 manual nissan pickup truck. Everything is pretty standard. No 4x4, no anything, standard. My problem started this morning. It was working fine the first 5 minute driving to school then I went on a turn and it started jerking in 3rd gear. As if shifted up into 4th and 5th, it went away. As I came to a stop sign, it did it in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then 4th and 5th was fine. Then I was slowing down because someone was turning, it cut off in 1st. Started it up, it did it in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So I turned around to go get my dads truck then it did it in every gear so its on the side of the road. I got my dads truck, went to go to school, came back to the truck and it wouldnt even start. Also there were no funny smells to my knowledge. I think its the clutch, but im no a mechanic. Also the meter for milage is broken (since I had it) and there is no RPM meter. Past owners said it was great, there was never a problem. I have had it for about two year, no problem untill now. What do you guys think? I thank you so much

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

JOECLOFRESE

I am not no a mechanic, so please use great detail, I am car dumb.
I thank you guys very much!

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 3:22 PM
KHLOW2008

Check out the following link.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Without finding out what is missing, we won't be able to know what is wrong and my guess is problem is related to distributor and ignition coil.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 AT 4:54 PM