1990 NISSAN TRUCK OIL LEAK

• Nissantrk
  • 1990 NISSAN TRUCK

1990 Nissan Truck 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 220000 miles

Just recently I started to see oil on the ground near the area where the oil filter is. There is oil all around the bottom of the area of the engine near the oil filter. I recently changed the oil filter and oil. But oil still keeps leaking out after I have turned off the engine. There is some type of sensor right next to the oil filter which has a electrical wire coming out of it and it is connected to the engine block. The rubber cover is covered with oil. The leak looks like it is coming right from that area. It starts out with drips of oil and stops after a while.

Thursday, April 17th, 2008 AT 12:14 AM

• Jack42

Sounds like the oil pressure switch (warning light) or oil pressure sender (oil press gauge). Pull the rubber cover back and clean it off. Start the truck and see if that is where the oil is coming from. If so, simply unscrew and screw the new one in

Monday, April 28th, 2008 AT 8:05 AM