1986 Nissan Truck Fuel Filter Location

JEFFERYB
  • 1986 NISSAN TRUCK

1986 Nissan Truck 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I was driving and my truck stalled out on me. Before I try messing with the fuel pump, I would like to try the filter first. I just can't seem to find the fuel filter though. Any ideas where I can look? Thank you.

Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 AT 10:45 PM

ROB2008

Here are some places they put the fuel filters on the 86 Nissan. They made several 2wd Nissan truck models so look in some of these locations

1. Under vehicle, passenger side, below bed area, mounted on frame in fuel line

2. Under vehicle, passenger side, below bed area, front of wheel well, next to fuel pump mounted on frame in fuel line

3. Under hood, passenger side, front engine area, rear of battery, above wheel well, mounted in fuel line assembly

. Hey, tell me if you had any luck finding it.

-Rob

+2
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 AT 11:19 PM
JEFFERYB

Hi, thankyou for your help, I did find it. It is -

2. Under vehicle, passenger side, below bed area, front of wheel well, next to fuel pump mounted on frame in fuel line. The filter looks dificult to get off with the pump in the way, not to mention rust everywhere. Any tips?

Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 2:59 PM
ROB2008

.

Sunday, April 27th, 2008 AT 11:45 AM
ROB2008

Well, I can't find a repair guide online for your vehicle. So the I can't really see what your talking about, but only thing I could tell ya is that you might have to take the fuel bump off. Sorry I can't be of more help. If you could send me a picture I could tell you what you need to take off, my email address is

TexasTea2008@aim. Com

Sunday, April 27th, 2008 AT 11:46 AM