BRAKES

Nissan Sentra

falconplumber

December, 18, 2006 AT 3:06 PM

I have a '99 Nissan Sentra 99,000 miles. I recently changed the brake pads and rotors (front) and there is a grinding sound coming from the left wheel when brakes are applied (audiable at low speed). And there is also a low scraping sound, when driving, from the right wheel (audiable at low speed). I took both wheels apart again and found no sign of rubbing from any other metals but one pad on the left wheel seems to be wearing unevenly. Maybe poor manufactufing. Can you explain to me the nature of the problem? Did I do something wrong? The brakes do work well.

Richard

December, 22, 2006 AT 6:16 AM

Might be your caliper binding or the brake hose acting as a check valve on that side.

falconplumber

December, 22, 2006 AT 11:02 AM

Thank you for your reply. How would I fix the problem? I bled the brakes when I installed them, If that has anything to do with it. Do I have to replace the caliper?

Richard

December, 22, 2006 AT 2:56 PM

Either you replace it or its time to learn the how to.

The caliper piston is self adjusting -Note when the vehicle starts moving the contact between the rotor and inner pad will push piston back and thru the help by the seal. Inspect the brake hose

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3