2005 Nissan Pathfinder Factory trailer wire harness

AJBEPS
  • 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER
It seems that my factory installed trailing wiring 4 plug harness is not sending a signal to my right turn signal. I put a tester on the end of the 4 plug and I am able to have the left and parking lights light up on the tester. For the right turn signal I am not able to get a light showing up on the tester. I have checked all the fuses which are all fine.
I have traced the wiring to an extent but I think that my BCM may not be sending a singal out. Is there any way to test this from the BCM and is there another alternative to connect a new 4 plug wiring harness so that I can get left, right and parking lights to work?
I look forward to your response.
Thursday, July 9th, 2009 AT 8:08 AM

RACEFAN966
So tell me do the lights on your Pathfinder work as they should? What I need to know is that is just at the trailer plug that you having a problem. Let me know so I can better help. Thanks.
Thursday, July 9th, 2009 AT 9:32 AM
AJBEPS
Yes, my regular lights work fine. Left and right turn signal an parking brakes.
My problem is just with my factory 4 plug trailer wire harness.
I am able to get my left and parking signal to work out of my 4 plug trailer wire. It is only the right turn signal that I do not get a signal on the 4 way factory trailer wire.
Thursday, July 9th, 2009 AT 9:42 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok so tell me how does the wiring look under the truck as far as the wiring harness adapter for towing is concerned? Is it corroded? I would unplug the trailer adapter and ohm out the wire for the right turn. You may just have to replace that adapter you can buy it at most part stores for about 20 dollars. Anyway make sure you have power going to the harness adapter at the green wire as this is the right turn. If power is going to it but not at the 4 pin plug at the back then replace the adapter and all should be fixed. Here is a pic of the adapter.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_646500_1.jpg

Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 8:59 AM
AJBEPS
As stated before. I am not getting a signal out of the right side. We have traced and poked the green wire to see if we have a signal along the path of the wire an the answer is NO.
What I asked the first time was about the BCM and is there a way to test the signal out of the BCM and if there is no signal what is my next option?
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 9:12 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok first check fuse number 1 10 amp. Then in the under hood fuse relay box check fuse g 50 amp and fuse n 40 amp. CHeck fuse number 37 as well. Here is the diagram as to how it is wired. You will need to save it and then magnify it. Now if these fuses are all good then get back to me and we will do some pin tests to see if it is one of relay's or what. Let me know what you find.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic_101.jpg

-1
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 9:37 AM
AJBEPS
Race,

All fuses are fine.
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 9:59 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok good now lets go straight to the BCM. Now what I need you to do is use the diagram that I sent in the priviouse response and save it and magnify it. Now term 52 is what sends power to the right side of the trailer harness for turn. Now probe that wire an turn on the blinker and if there is no power then it is the BCM, if there is power then it is a break in the wire somewhere. Let me know what you find. Thanks.
Saturday, July 11th, 2009 AT 9:10 AM
05PATHFINDER
I am also having this exact same issue with my 2005 Pathfinder 4 pin trailer wiring. No signal to the right turn or right stop light.

When I zoom in on the diagram you sent I cant seem to get a clear enough picture to read the text. Can you explain what is the BCM?

I believe I can follow the same instructions if I can see the image better.
Thanks!
A
Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 AT 12:37 PM
AJBEPS
What Nissan did is between the BCM and the sub harness is a fuse that is blown. Basically you take it to them and they replace the fuse for about $80. It will only take them about a 1/2 hour.
Basically Nissan put this fuse between the BCM and the Sub harness so that you would not blow up your BCM. Basically your BCM is the heart and soul of all information pertaining to how car runs, idle etc.
So just let them know that fuse between the BCM and Sub harness needs to be replaced. They will probably hit you up for a diagnostic fee but to be quite honest I think you should let them do it other wise you might make things worse for your car and void the warranty. Let me know if this helps
Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 AT 4:59 PM