TROUBLE WITH ACCELERATION

2004 Nissan Pathfinder

randers

June, 18, 2010 AT 5:17 PM

2004 Nissan Pathfinder 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

Similar to lrmorrison, I too experienced difficulty accelerating while on the expressway about 3 months ago and then again this morning. Took the vehicle to the dealership the first time. They did diagnostic testing but found nothing. On the way home from work today, the problem occurred again with the 'service engine soon' light coming on. I was able to drive home traveling less than 40 mph and plan on taking the vehicle to the dealership Monday morning. Now that the service vehicle light has come on, their diagnostic tests will hopefully be able to determine the source of the problem. It's quite scary not being able to accelerate with your vehicle already in motion.

June, 18, 2010 AT 5:38 PM

If I were you to save money reading the code/s go to Autozone and have the computer scanned there its a free service to the public instead of the dealerhip or its goona be Ouch! On the back pocket

randers

June, 18, 2010 AT 5:45 PM

Thank you very much for that suggestion!

newmexnina

June, 23, 2010 AT 10:30 PM

I used to have the same problem with my GMC Yukon. Seemed to only happen when the engine was warm. I happened to mention the problem to a tire technician after he had trouble accelerating my vehicle into the garage to install new tires. He asked if I used a K and N Air Filter and I said yes. He said that unless they're cleaned regularly (mine was not) they cause more harm than good. My husband used q-tips and a spray-on cleaner made especially for cleaning Mass Air Flow sensors. (You have to take it apart and clean the wires and filters.) As soon as he cleaned it, my sporadic accleration problems that no one had previously been able to diagnose correctly, were solved!