1996 Nissan Pathfinder

MNLOTSNOW
  • 1996 NISSAN PATHFINDER
Hi I have 96 nissan pathfinder, the problem on my car hart to start when the engine get very hot
Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 9:16 AM

When it refuses to start check what's missing fuel or spark-Do below

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 1:04 PM
MNLOTSNOW
Hello

this mike again Bob yes I do disconnet the spark plug wire and my brothe crank the engine but I dont see any snappeng bue spark come out at all. What should I do next. Should I replace spark plug wire. How do I check the fuel pressure. Where is the fuel pressure locate at thank you
Monday, September 21st, 2009 AT 1:44 PM
No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Monday, September 21st, 2009 AT 1:48 PM