MY CAR IS SLOW TO ACCELERATE

• hotshooter
  • Nissan

Hi. I have a Nissan Micra. It has A/T transmission. It's a 1992 japanese model with 80K Km and a 1.0 engine.

My car is very slow to accelerate. I have to step on the gas hard to make it go faster. How do I diagnose this one? Thanks.

Thursday, March 8th, 2007 AT 12:10 AM

• rasmataz

When was the last major tune-up done? If its about 12,000 miles ago its time again.

Thursday, March 8th, 2007 AT 8:13 AM
  • hotshooter

The car was a reconditioned unit when I bought it. Seems to have been poorly reconditioned. Wasn't really able to tell when I bought it since I have no idea about cars. Aside from slow acceleration, I complained of excessive engine noises and some jerking. My ex-mechanic told me to replace the engine mount because he said it was worn down. Another friend told me to just use sikaflex on it, but I don't know how. The fuel economy is also poor now. Help! I'll try having a tune-up if it helps.

Thursday, March 8th, 2007 AT 8:25 AM