WHITE SMOKE, SPRAY PAINT AND SWEET SMELL

Nissan Maxima

mbsnyder1102

Here recently I have been noticing, when I crank my 01 Nissan Maxima, there is a cloud of white smoke and it flows the whole time the car is on, running or stopped. The smoke is grey to black when revving engine. There is also a spray paint smell and a kind of sweet smell, thats the only way I know to describe it. I have heard this could be bad fuel or could be a blown head gasket. I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse that did the same thing and it was a blown head gasket. Both of these cars were used, so Im starting to think I got screwed. I knew about the Eclipse. I resold it as needing new motor. I dont know what Im going to do about the Maxi, if this is the problem, because of the year, I wouldnt ecpect the car to have this type of problem already. If so, sounds like someone was rough on it. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Joe C.

Total bummer. Smell indicates head gasket, as does the smoke.
I HOPE I'M WRONG!

daemon240sx

If the previous owner let the car overheat, it could be either a blown headgasket, or a cracked block. Either one of those would let antifreeze into the combustion chambing and cause the white smoke.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8