POWER STEERING LEAK CAUSED BY BAD ALIGNMENT?

Nissan Maxima

rich311

February, 2, 2006 AT 4:43 PM

Hey, guys-

I have a 2000 maxima that had a flat this morning. I took it in to get patched, and when they put it up on the rack noticed the tire was basically torn up of from uneven wear on the inside. Probably due to the way out of whack alignment the car had.

The thing is that I took it in to be aligned a few months ago, but didn't feel like the shop had done anything when I left. : X

Well today, I also saw it was leaking power steering fluid as well. Not gushing, but leaking. I have two questions:

1. Do I have to replace the whole steering rack to get rid of the leak?
2. Could this leak have been caused by the poor alignment like the tire wear was?

Thanks!
rich311

Lovescars

February, 3, 2006 AT 3:58 AM

I would check date of alignment and miles.
How have the other tires worn in conjunction?
Any time you have an alignment done always ask for a copy of the print out sheet showing exactly the spec's for your alignment and where your car falls.
Anything is possible but proving the alignment was the cause of tire wear and pS leak is another battle that why the above questions were asked

rich311

February, 3, 2006 AT 9:01 AM

Thanks for the info, Pud.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right