1998 Nissan Frontier Speedometer, Temp Guage, Odometer not

POPPIN55
  • 1998 NISSAN FRONTIER
Just recently, my speedometer, temp guage, and Odometer stop working. Everyone now and then, one, the other, or all will begin functioning normally. I had a a bad corroding battery connection wich caused low power to my car at idle (dimming head lights, dimming instrument control lighting, etc). My battery/power issue has been resolved. I spoke with a mechanic and he mentioned it could be a short or the cluster may need to be replaced. He also mentioned that this is something only a dealership can service. Is this true? Is this my actual problem?
Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 AT 1:48 PM

KEVINLOUISEATON
Tech is right it is the cluster and no dont go waste your money at the dealer they cant help with this problem. Sounds funny right. Get online to a company Mr. Whizard technical service. Its in canada but they fixed mine for $199 shipping both ways. Its a bread board inside that goes out and is impossible to find one in the junk yard. I tried for six months.
Monday, March 29th, 2010 AT 9:53 AM