TRANSMISSION

Nissan Altima

cherylann

September, 10, 2006 AT 3:26 AM

My 95 nissan altima GXE with a one hundred twenty thousand miles is skipping every so often while in drive and feel the transmission is slipping need to know how can this be tested? I am nervous about having to replace transmission. If it is slipping can it be ajusted or do I need to replace whole transmission can I do somthing to find out if this is what's happening. Does maybe the fluid need to be changed. Please help any answer will be appreciated

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

skipatroler

September, 13, 2006 AT 7:59 PM

Check underneath the car where the engine and tranny meed and see if there is oil leaking from that area. I have a truck that started doing the same thing and it was caused by the rear main seal blowing oil onto the clutch causing it to slip. If that is the problem you can probably get by with replacing the rear seal, and clutch - without doing anything to the tranny except taking it off to get to the clutch, then putting it back on.

Good luck!

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage