DIES...HELP

1995 Nissan Altima

Jepperstep

May, 23, 2007 AT 7:24 PM

Hi, my Nissan Altima 1995, with 180000 miles on it dies right after I put the car into drive and press on the accelerator. It even takes some time to start up the engine. I just replaced the battery a few days ago, but I don't think that is the problem. It doesn't seem like it's the starter since I can start my car and leave it running while in park. It's just when I put it into drive that it dies as soon as I press the accelerator. Someone please help.

Jack42

May, 24, 2007 AT 8:07 AM

Is it losing spark or fuel? Does it just shut off or kind of sputter like it is running out of gas?

Jepperstep

May, 24, 2007 AT 5:20 PM

Actually got it filled up with gas, so it's not gas. Tried it this morning and would do excessive cranking but would not start at all.

Jack42

May, 25, 2007 AT 8:01 AM

Just because the tank is full doesnt mean the fuel is getting to the engine with enough pressure to run the engine. Have the fuel pump pressure and volume tested and get back to me

Jriemer

May, 28, 2007 AT 10:24 AM

See below

Jriemer

May, 28, 2007 AT 10:25 AM

I am not a mechanic but my son's 95 Altima had the same issue. After much examination the mechanic discovered that the mas airflow sensor was bad. He replaced it and every thing was fine. Just a thought.

Jack42

May, 29, 2007 AT 7:38 AM

MAF sensors control mixture, want to be sure there is fuel to control first

Jepperstep

May, 30, 2007 AT 12:20 PM

Okay.I took it to my auto shop of preferance that I would normally. The main mechanic said that the pressure is fine, they finally got the car started, but searched into other things and said that it was flooded. Said he took out the spark plugs and they were completely drenched. Agh.I hate being automechanicly declined

Jepperstep

May, 30, 2007 AT 10:54 PM

OMG, believe it or not. It was the friggin spark plugs. The mechanic said it had the wrong type in there, I didn't know for the simple fact I bought it from a private owner. Oh well, 200.00 down the drain for sparkies.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Alternator testing done right