IDLE AND DIES

1997 Nissan Altima

km16honda

March, 31, 2010 AT 2:37 AM

1997 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 104500 miles

I've had this car awhile and well I've been putting new parts on this car for about 3 months now left and right. But after the power steering, pulley, tension were all replaced I had no problems until I was in the city and sped up to get on the freeway and the car started to hesitate to accelerate. It was kinda feeling like it was missing but it wasn't all the time just random times. Then when I came to a stop it would idle very low and act like it's going to die. When i'm driving the rpm move more than they should when I'm going a steady speed.

I've replaced spark plugs, oil change, fuel injector cleaner, air filter and plug wires.

Please any impute on what this can be would be appreciated.

Dies On Idle

bulljerm

May, 27, 2012 AT 3:32 PM

Having the same problem with my 97 altima going to fix it today from what I can find out it's usually one of 3 things and don't bother running trouble codes till u try these cause they will just make u spend a lot of money u don't need to. The problems usually are 1) oil in the distributer, 2) maf sensor, or 3) o2 sensors. Its easy to check two of them the distributer pull of cap and check for oil and the maf sensor is right infront of the air box a 3 prong plug unplug it of the car still runs then u need a new maf sensor if the car dies it's OK. The o2 sensor needs to be tested with a volt meter and that isn't always reliable so best bet is to just change both if the others are OK I will tell u guys later today if these worked.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang