ACCELERATION PROBLEM

1930 Nissan 300ZX

ai8979

May, 1, 2006 AT 9:00 AM

I have a 94 Nissan 300z non turbo with 99000 miles. If I step on the gas slowly the car runs ok and accelerate slowly, but if I step on the gas for a fast acceleration the car does not respond quickly thus choke then accelerate slowly. Is it that it needs a tune up or is probably the Air Flow Sensor. I heard that if I remove the catalytic convertor, it will solve the problem. I am afraid of taking it to the dealer and they start guessing : x

christopherA

May, 2, 2006 AT 8:40 PM

My wife drives an audi and it does the same thing. My dad suggested getting some of that fuel injection cleaner. Your car might not be reacting as quickly because it isnt getting the correct amount of gas.I'd try putting some b12 chemtool fuel treatment in it. If it was your MAFS it would be acting all crazy! I had to replace that on my nissan. As far as the exhaust thing, I thought if you took off your cat. Converter it would make your car faster because you have better are flow. Once again, I dont know much about cars, but getting the gas treatment stuff will only cost you $5.00.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado