WON'T START

1991 Nissan 300ZX

jluich

August, 17, 2010 AT 10:03 AM

1991 Nissan 300ZX 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual reman miles

I was driving my 300zx the other day, stopping starting.
Then when I got home I shut it off, the battery terinals were dirty and loose, I cleaned them and charged the battery.
Anyway, it won't start, the lights come on, but no crank.

What's wrong, the battery is fully charged.

August, 17, 2010 AT 12:33 PM

Is it cranking over and will not start if so do below?

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

jluich

August, 17, 2010 AT 12:49 PM

No, I get nothing when I try to crank it, except for the dash lights and I hear a fan motor.
I think I might have blown a fuse, but where is it?
I have the alarm inb valet mode.
The battery cables where loose and it sparked when I put them back on, could it be a fuse?
Or is it the starter?

August, 17, 2010 AT 1:56 PM

Load test the battery if okay make sure you have a good connection, continues-start checking the starter, starter relay, clutch switch and ignition switch.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe