My Ford Edge doesn't start when it is parked under direct sunlight or it's very hot

REMKEN206
  • 2010 FORD EDGE
My ford edge doesn't start when it is under the sun or it is very hot. When the temperature is very high or It is parked under the sun or there is a lack of shade it just won't start. The engine would keep rolling but it won't start. If I leave it and come back when it is under a shade or the sun as gone down it starts immediately like nothing was wrong. This is happening often now I can almost tell when it won't start cause of the heat or sun. I have been trying to park it where it is not under direct sunlight. A check was done, but I was told they couldn't find anything wrong.
Sunday, April 6th, 2014 AT 1:36 AM

WRENCHTECH
All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.
-1
Sunday, April 6th, 2014 AT 4:26 AM